How do I use snapchat
Brilliant advertising by the LA Philharmonic is brilliant
There is an important distinction between not giving a fuck about what other people think of you and not giving a fuck about other people’s feelings. — (via marrymerrymaryjane)
(Source: thatswhatmaryjanesaid, via marvelousmelmo)
Snoopy & Schroeder
for the first time in years, i have finally given up something other than meat: ice cream.
because if i restrict my diet too much, i’d end up becoming anemic and pass out.
and i really want to eat some ice cream right now.
(Source: coverwithapparel, via everything30rock)
1. Don’t think that being published will make you happy. It will for four weeks, if you are lucky. Then it’s the same old fucking shit.
2. Hemingway was fucking wrong. You shouldn’t write drunk. (See my third novel for details.)
3. Hemingway was also right. ‘The first draft of everything is shit.’
4. Never ask a publisher or agent what they are looking for. The best ones, if they are honest, don’t have a fucking clue, because the best books are the ones that seemingly come from nowhere.
5. In five years time the semi-colon is going to be nothing more than a fucking wink.
6. In five years time every fucking person on Twitter will be a writer.
7. Ignore the fucking snobs. Write that space zombie sex opera. Just give it some fucking soul.
8. If it’s not worth fucking reading, it’s not worth fucking writing. If it doesn’t make people laugh or cry or blow their fucking minds then why bother?
9. Don’t be the next Stephen King or the next Zadie Smith or the next Neil Gaiman or the next Jonathan Safran fucking Foer. Be the next fucking you.
10. Stories are fucking easy. PLOT OF EVERY BOOK EVER: Someone is looking for something. COMMERCIAL VERSION: They find it. LITERARY VERSION: They don’t find it. (That’s fucking it.)
11. No-one knows anything. Especially fucking me. Except:
12. Don’t kill off the fucking dog.
13. Oh, yeah, and lastly: write whatever you fucking want. — Matt Haig, “Some Fucking Writing Tips” (via alcantrez)
(Source: matthaig.com, via marvelousmelmo)